• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Carbs = wieght loss?

pLur4eVer<33

Greenlighter
for the record im a 16 year old boy, active (soccer, runner), and take a multi-vitamin and B-complex, (and do ecstasy<3 every few months if it matters >.< )

ive been on a low-carb, high-protein diet for the past few months and havent noticed a difference in bodily appearence n my wieght hasnt changed:p the only thing i have noticed is that ive accumulated extra body fat around my waist. it bugs me soo much and its gross. id love to get rid of it before spring break (april)

i was on MSN the other day and found an article talking about how people who get most of thier calories from carbs tend to be the skinniest. apparently eating complex carbs takes longer for ur body to digest n it gives you more energy/less fat. but like everything ive ever learned about dieting has told me to avoid carbs.

has anyone heard of this high-carb, low-protein/fat diet? and do they know if its gonna help get rid of ma bellay fat=D

thanks BL<3

Look into your TDIE vs TDEE, total daily intake of energy vs total daily energy expenditure.

carbohydrate: 1g = 4cal
protein: 1g = 4cal
fat: 1g = 9cal
alcohol: 1g = 7cal

as long as you are eating fewer or the same amount of calories as you spend each day you won't gain weight. a macronutrient, thats what carbs proteins and fats are, specific diet is not going to help you (much). Just figure out how much energy you spend each day and then count calories for a couple of days to figure out if you are underestimating how much you eat. It sounds strange that you take part in sports that are incredibly demanding energy-wise but still manage to put on fat. If this is a recent development I would talk to your doctor.

all I would do if I were you is cut out the junk food and wait a month. Keep doing your normal activities though

Whats the easiest way to figure out how many calories you intake per day? For instance, bowl of cerial + milk, banana, chicken sandwich for lunch etc...do you just figure out approximately the calories per average serve of each?

eat more simple carbs and less fats in the morning, your body seeks out fat cells upon waking to digest, so if you aren't giving it fats with what you eat, they will digest your body fat.

the rest of the day complex carbs will keep you running on less for longer.
and they usually taste better too.
but, doing so can get expensive.

i got stuck on a diabetic diet,,, some think that sounds BLEH, but nooo, after enough practice at it, and some conditioning, its the best way to eat.
chowing down whole wheat, alfa, blueberries, 78+% coco nibble after eating, fresh fish, yogurt, Zero sodas, and lots of water would be big head start on flushing yourself out.